Are you ready to get your movie star smile?
What are Veneers?
Veneers are used to improve a multitude of flaws, making them one of the most versatile cosmetic dental treatments available. A veneer is a wafer-thin, tooth-colored shell, commonly made of dental-grade porcelain, placed over the tooth. Veneers can cover up severe discoloration, chips, cracks, stains, spots, and gaps all with a single procedure. They can also be used to reshape your teeth to make them look more uniform and straight. Veneers are fully customizable to the shade and shape you want your teeth to be. Because veneers are durable and repel stains, your teeth will look picture perfect for 10 years or more.
How do Veneers work?
When you come in for a consultation with Dr. Gray, he will first talk to you about what your ultimate goal is for your teeth. Then, he will do a full oral exam to assess the state of your teeth and overall oral health. He will take high-resolution photographs of your teeth and scan them with a 3D scanner to use as a reference for your custom-made veneers.
Taking into account the current state of your teeth and what you want the end result to look like, your veneers will be fabricated to the exact specifications you require to get the best results. Once your veneers are made, you will come back to have them permanently bonded to your teeth.
During the procedure, you will feel no pain or discomfort as Dr. Gray prepares your teeth and places the veneers. Once they are placed, Dr. Gray will fine tune your veneers, shaping and polishing them to make sure they look exactly the way you want them to.
The entire process is normally completed in two appointments. Afterwards, you may feel mild discomfort, but that can be easily managed with an over-the-counter pain reliever. Recovery time is minimal, and you can resume eating and drinking normally the same day.
PRO TIP: Since Veneers are stain resistant, they also do not respond to teeth whitening treatment. So if you want the whitest smile possible, talk to Dr. Gray about professional teeth whitening BEFORE getting your veneers.
What are the benefits of Veneers?
- Veneers hide multiple flaws in one treatment, saving you time and money Veneers are easy to care for, with simple brushing and flossing, making them remarkably convenient
- Veneers are stain resistant, saving you time and money on touch ups and maintenance
- Veneers are long lasting, making them cost effective and convenient because you only need to see us for your regular oral hygiene visits to keep them in good shape
- Veneers are fully customizable, making them a great choice for virtually anyone who is looking to transform their smile.
- Veneers are minimally invasive, making the procedure and recovery virtually painless
If you are dreaming of a perfect smile, Veneers can make your dreams come true!
For more information about cosmetic dentistry and veneers in Newmarket, contact us to book your consultation with Dr. Ian Gray.