The most common tooth restoration treatment, a filling can save your tooth from extensive damage.
What is a Filling?
When a tooth has a cavity, often the best way to fix it is with a filling, which is when the dentist cleans out the decay and fills in the hole with a biocompatible material to keep the tooth’s internal structure intact and stop decay from spreading. For small to medium cavities, a filling can be a real tooth saver, ensuring that the tooth remains strong enough to last the rest of your life.
What are the benefits of Fillings?
Tooth decay is one of the most common oral health problems patients experience — adults and children alike. When left untreated, it can spread and cause major damage to a tooth’s structure, eventually leading to infection and tooth loss. The good news is that we can treat tooth decay once we detect it during your routine exam or if you visit our office because you suspect something is wrong. When you have limited to moderate tooth decay, a filling can be extremely effective at restoring your tooth to health.
- A filling protects your tooth from further decay, cracking, or chipping because the dentist takes away the unhealthy part of the tooth and reinforces it with a durable material.
- A filling protects the aesthetics of your smile because the dentist can use a tooth-colored resin that is virtually invisible to the naked eye.
- A filling protects your oral health and general health because it stops decay in its tracks, ensuring that it doesn’t spread throughout the tooth and cause infection.
Everyone can benefit from regular dental cleanings — the most cost-effective way to keep your smile looking its best.
What is a Dental Cleaning?
A Dental Cleaning is the most fundamental dental procedure for continued oral health, without question. Everyone, young or old, should have a professional dental cleaning at least every six months for optimal oral health. Brushing and flossing at home is incredibly important, but only a professional dental cleaning can eliminate all the plaque and tartar buildup from teeth because your hygienist uses special tools and techniques to reach the places a toothbrush and dental floss cannot. No matter how diligent you are with your at-home oral hygiene, you still need to visit us every six months for a professional cleaning so we can detect any problem areas and deep clean the areas in your mouth that are hardest to reach.
What are the benefits of a Dental Cleaning?
When you visit our office for a dental cleaning, we don’t just clean and polish your teeth, we also examine them for decay, we check that your gums are healthy, and we give you an opportunity to express any concerns and ask questions regarding your oral health.
- A dental cleaning is the most practical and effective dental treatment you can receive and the most highly recommended procedure, bar none.
- A dental cleaning gives you a super clean and shiny smile that will make you feel and look fantastic.
- A dental cleaning every six months allows us to monitor your oral health over time, helping us detect changes that could cause problems and then treat any issues immediately, saving you time and money
- A dental cleaning every six months is the best way to ensure that your teeth stay their healthiest for your entire life.
Whether it’s a routine dental cleaning or a filling, Dr. Gray and his team are here to take care of you and your entire family.
Contact our office today to book your next dental cleaning. If you suspect that you may have a cavity, we want to see you right away. Call us for an appointment.