Dentures are an effective way to replace multiple teeth and give you back your smile.
What are Dentures?
Dentures are prosthetics fabricated in a dental lab to look like natural teeth and gums. They are normally made of acrylic resin and metal and are customized to fit a person’s mouth. The main purpose of dentures is to restore a patient’s ability to chew and speak normally and return their facial structure to normal. Most dentures are removable, i.e. not fixed inside a patient’s mouth. However, they can be attached to implants for a more permanent solution.
Why choose Dentures?
Missing teeth can cause numerous oral health problems and diminish your quality of life considerably. Patients who experience the loss of most or all of their teeth find it very difficult to go about their lives as they once did. Speaking and eating become difficult and the face takes on a sunken appearance because an important part of the mechanism that makes chewing and talking possible and defines one’s facial features is missing. The longer a patient goes without the ability to chew and speak properly, the larger the impact it has on their oral and overall health. With dentures, patients can regain the ability to lead a normal life.
What are the benefits of Dentures?
- Dentures restore facial structure – no more sunken or hollow appearance. With dentures, when you look in the mirror, your face is full again and your mouth looks like it should.
- Dentures restore the ability to chew food – being able to chew properly is essential to good nutrition and good health. With dentures, you can once again enjoy a balanced, healthy diet.
- Dentures restore the ability to speak properly – teeth are an integral part of speech. With dentures, you can once again communicate effectively with everyone around you
- Dentures restore your oral health – missing all or most of your teeth eventually leads to even more serious oral health problems. Dentures help prevent them.
- Dentures restore your self-esteem – having missing teeth diminishes your desire to socialize and erodes your self-confidence. Dentures take away any fear you may have of smiling, talking, and eating in front of others.
Different types of Dentures
All dentures are fully customized to the extent of your tooth loss and to fit perfectly in your mouth:
- Full dentures are made to replace all of your teeth
- Partial dentures are made to fill in large gaps in your smile
But did you know that dentures can also be customized to fit your lifestyle and budget?
- Traditional dentures are removable and do not require any surgical intervention.
- Implant-supported dentures require the placement of several dental implants to secure them.
Losing your teeth doesn’t have to mean losing your love for life. Dentures can give you back everything you’ve been missing out on!
To know which type of denture is best for you, contact our office to book your consultation with Dr. Ian Gray, the expert in dentures.